Pages

7/27/13

Summer's Bounty: Farmer's Markets



Ever since I was little I have literally LOVED the farmers market. All the colorful veggies, fruits, and even just the cool other stalls have always enthralled me. Sunday morning my mom and I stopped at a popular farmers market in Arlington, VA for some fruits and veggies to stock up.

Juicy, fresh peaches in their cute little crate!
Nothing like delicious heirloom tomatoes!

I thought the colors on these nectarines were just so vibrant!

We also picked up some homemade salsa from our favorite local company, as well as the best sweet bread from a local bakery! When I got home, Clark came over and we made some yummy BLAT's with the new stuff.

I really wish I had taken a few more pictures but I was having a serious coffee withdrawal. I thought the gourmet coffee stand was going to be there and it wasn't *sob* so I was walking around like a zombie and forgot to take more photos. A quick stop at Starbucks on the way home brought me back to reality.

Do you like farmer's markets? What is your favorite thing to make with all the fresh produce?

xo Rowan





2 comments:

  1. I also adore farmer's markets, there's just something so homely and friendly about them :)

    Great post and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that just can't take photos without a pick-me-up (for me it's biscuits not coffee though, a terrible habit!)

    nadinestevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. so delicious! i love farmers markets and cooking in general. have just subscribed to those weekly veggy/produce boxes that gets delivered to your door
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete