Pages

8/13/13

Luxury Skincare Wishlist

I go through phases where I literally cannot get enough of making lists of beauty products that are way out of my price range. Anyone else have this problem? I think it partly comes from watching videos on YouTube of people like Tanya Burr and FleurDeForce who have vast collections of nice things.

So. Jealous.

I particularly love the skincare items. Yes, high end makeup is nice, but for me that seems more within the range of something I would be more inclined to buy since in some cases there are obvious differences between high end and drugstore products. Nice skin care products, though, remind me of fancy spas and pampered people. Buying and using those is so glam.

Here's a list of the luxury skin products I would absolutely love:

1. Bioderma Crealine H2O Micellare Water
This stuff looks like a dream. I like how it can be used as a makeup remover as well as a light cleanser. Plus, all the fancy beauty industry people appear to use it. And it's from French pharmacies, so it must be great, right? Am I being superficial/materialistic? No.......haha, just kididng, of course I am. Anyways, it actually isn't too expensive for the value, so maybe this will be something I'll actually get! It's on Amazon for about $18 for the 250ml size.

2. Laura Mercier Body Creme in Almond Coconut Milk Souffle
I actually first heard about this on Louise's (sprinkleofglitter) channel. I've used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and concealer in the past, so I know that she makes quality products. The mere description of this scent sounds lovely. Almond and coconut are two of my favorites. This is a little steep at $55 a pop, but maybe I'll put it on my Christmas list, haha.

3. Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer

I actually once owned this! A few years back I went on a medication for acne that severely dries out the skin, and so my mom was super nice and went to Sephora one day as a surprise for me. I think she just went in and asked the sales lady what their nicest and most moisturizing cream was, and also which one would work with acne-prone skin. This is what she came back with! The best things about this product for me were: the scent is of roses, which is amazing. The consistency is light and creamy. The product actually feels cool on the face when applied. Finally, it works! I never experienced the flaking, tightness, and redness associated with the medication. This is $69, but it is just so nice I think it's probably worth that much, to be honest.

At first, the idea of these cleansing milk type things was kind of odd to me. Eve Lom makes one, and so do several other brands. Since my skin has sort of evened out and become less acne prone in the past two years (see the note about a very strong acne med I took above), I have decided it wouldn't hurt to branch out a bit. Right now, I literally have just started using LUSH Ultrabland, which is similar in that you apply it to dry skin and then wipe off with a hot cloth. I'll post a review of that soon, but eventually I will want to try out this one too! 3.3 ounces with muslin cloths retails $24.50 on the Liz Earle site.

Eye creams that eliminate puffiness and dark circles are right up my alley. Because I inherited large, rather deep set eyes, I also inherited the circles that come with that. Right now I use a nice little eye cream from Simple, but I would love something more refreshing and effective. I've heard great things about the GinZing line from Origins so I am sure this is a must-try. It's $30 at Sephora.

I better stop before I get carried away! Making this list was fun in itself. 

What are your wishlist skincare products? Do you own any of these? How are they?

xo Rowan




3 comments:

  1. I really need to invest in more skincare products! I bough a few bottles of Bioderma when i went to France and it's such a good product! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/
    Check out my Michael Kors Giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bioderma too as a makeup remover. I really would like to invest more in skincare soon!

    I wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award here: http://bit.ly/142UG3T

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need some better sklincare products and probably some sort of routine, I am so bad!

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete