Pages

7/16/13

College Prep Series: Bags

Hi there! I thought I would start a series of posts about various things I am purchasing in preparation for college. It's approaching very quickly-only two more months! This series will feature product recommendations and reviews of the items I'm getting.

First up: bags.

I knew I needed a new backpack for college as the one I used in high school is ripping and filthy. Also, when I was getting my new Macbook Air, the man at the Apple store strongly suggested a backpack with a laptop pocket in it, and I agreed that it would be really useful. That being said, I'll probably also purchase a laptop sleeve for days when I am traveling light (without a backpack).

I checked out the bags from Timbuk2 because my mom has a few bags from there. Their bags are built for students, commuters, urban dwellers, and people on the move. They come in neat colors, are sturdy, and have a lifetime guarantee! I was pleasantly surprised. I chose the Jones Laptop Backpack.
This bag comes with a few organizational pockets-perfect for organization freaks like me- and a padded laptop compartment inside the main pocket. The back has cushions and ventilation. I loved this cute color! It so far has been really comfortable, functional and also seems to hold a lot more than it looks like it would.

I also decided to get a small cross body bag for going out and just for having as a small purse/travel bag. I chose the Minnie Rae Shoulder Bag.

This bag has replaced my little wristlet that I was trying to jam pack all of my things into...the seams were ripping. It's light, matches tons of different outfits, and holds sooo many things. Check out these organized inner pockets.



In case you can't tell there are two small ones and two large ones. My iPhone barely fits into one of the thinner pockets and I have a pretty low profile case, so if you have an OtterBox or something like that it probably will not fit there. No big deal, though, because there are many other pockets!

This has been my first experience with Timbuk2 products and I really enjoyed it! I'm not getting compensated or anything for this, I just really found that these were nice and wanted to recommend them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment