Pages

7/21/13

New Makeup: LORAC Pro Palette + more!

Hello! I hope this Sunday is treating you well and that the weekend has been nice and relaxing for all. Here, it was about 100 degrees so while I would have liked to spend time outdoors, I didn't really. Not bad though because....

I treated myself to some new goodies at ULTA yesterday! I've had my eye on the LORAC Pro Palette since I saw Rachel on YouTube raving about it like a year ago. All the matte shades looked amazing and the shimmer ones looked great as well! They had to go into the back storage room to pull out a palette for me because there were no more on the floor! Glad I asked them to check because otherwise I probably wouldn't have attempted to look.

Isn't it gorgeous?

I particularly love how the names of the shadows are there on the box, just like the Naked palettes. I had heard that these shadows were extremely pigmented, and this is so true! The color payoff is amazing.

That was after one tiny touch on the color!

I have experimented with the palette twice since buying it, but I'll post a makeup look with it once I have really gotten into the groove of using it.

I also decided to get a few Revlon Lip Butters after surveying my modest makeup collection and deciding that what it is lacking is more lip products and blush/bronzers. I had never tried the lip butters, which is insane considering how raved about they are. They are totally worth the hype! 


I got Pink Lemonade (left) and Peach Parfait. The Pink Lemonade is a really nice "bare but better" color for everyday. The Peach is a bit darker and pinker but still fairly natural looking. The formula is super moisturizing and the pigmentation is very nice as well! I hope to add to my collection soon.

Pink Lemonade
Peach Parfait
The last thing I got was more of a skincare product. ULTA was having a sale on Mario Badescu products, and I thought this Seaweed Cleansing Lotion looked nice.


It's a massive bottle that was $13, marked down from $26. It is supposed to be used as a toner after cleansing skin and before moisturizing. I have used it twice so far and I really like it! It feels gentle and light, has a fresh and clean scent, and hasn't done anything crazy yet to my skin. We'll see how it goes with this!

What makeup products have you recently purchased? Any luck with any of the items above?

Thanks so much for reading!

xo Rowan


3 comments:

  1. My collection is missing lip products too! I just can't seem to get into the groove of using them! One of the few lip products I have is a lip butter in Red Velvet. Peach Parfait looks pretty, I might get it next time :)

    ~Karina
    beautyoverboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty colors! Nice blog, maybe we can follow each other?


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/07/get-your-overalls.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lorac Pro palette--it's so versatile and I frequently use 'Sable', 'Light Bronze' and 'Gold'!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete